Woodchipper Training Courses are delivered to give the candidate the knowledge & practical skill to achieve certificates of competence by assessment by bodies such as NPTC City & Guilds.
£175.00 +vat per person Duration 1-day training + 1-day assessment
Awarded certificates of competence are widely recognised by both sector employers and the health & safety executive.
Designed to offer the knowledge and skills required to inspect maintain, prepare, transport and operate a manually fed brushwood chipper.
This covers basic workshop mechanical inspections of the working systems of the woodchipper, through to the transportation and on-site preparation for the machine's set-up, the safe operation with the techniques for the use of the woodchipper to process off the cut branch and timber materials.
Which are often cut from trees by Arborists, Tree surgeons and are processed by the grounder works or other horticultural teams, in the management of shrubs or other woody materials
The content of the Woodchipper course
• Pre-use checks & risk assessments.
• Familiarisation with the machine and inspection of the working parts.
• To identify and carry out Routine maintenance.
• Blade checking & maintenance.
• Carryout Daily / weekly pre-use checks.
• the requirements for Protective clothing.
• Starting & pre-use checks.
• Practical demonstrations & safe use of the machinery.
• Establishing safe working areas.
• Safe working and operating practices.
• Storage & transportation.
• Legislative issues.
Candidates should use their own Safety clothing PPE [ those these can be supplied subject to prior notice ]