Unit 309 Tree Rigging - Dismantling Course.
Course fees £645 + vat, per person
Duration 4 days + 1 assessment
Pre awards to this course are
- Unit 201 (CS 30.1)
- Unit 202 (CS 30.2)
- Unit 203 (CS 31)
- Unit 206 (CS 38 Climbing)
- Unit 306 (CS38 Aerial Rescue)
- Unit 308 (CS 39 use of Chainsaw free fall techniques)
Maximum candidates 4 Persons
Minimum candidates 3 Persons
To give the experienced tree surgeon the knowledge & practical skill to build on tree climbing abilities to achieve certificates of competence by assessment by bodies such as NPTC City & Guilds.
This course looks at techniques to organise the work site, effective team communication. The climber uses a rope & harness climbing system to move within the tree taking account of the trees properties relevant to its individual Genus, its structure & condition and the location of the tree & thats sites specific dynamic appling as required employing lowering systems and techniques.The student will safely carry out dismantling operations with a chainsaw by applying these techniques within and throughout the crown of a tree. With the assistance of the ground staff.
Content of the Tree Rigging - Dismantling course
- Understanding the legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to the operation
- Undertake a risk assessment and brief ground staff.
- Carry out pre-start checks to the chainsaw, cold and warm saw starting techniques.
- Use appropriate techniques for secure and stable work positioning.
- Removing tree limbs
- Removing vertical sections employing appropriate techniques.
- Lowering of limbs and sections to the ground with the assistance ground staff.
Candidates should use their own Safety clothing PPE
if you would like to use your own climbing equipment, this is to be within Loler certification guidelines and certificates are needed to be present for the instructor to view.