Pesticides training Courses with Boom are delivered to give the candidate the knowledge & practical skill to acheive certificates of competence by assessment by bodies such as NPTC City & Guilds.
Awarded certificates of competence are widely recognised by both sector employers and the health & safety executive.
Cost of Course £175.00 + vat
What will you get from it ?
- Identify and describe how vehicle mounted spraying equipment works
- Prepare and set up vehicle mounted / trailed spraying machines
- Identify and describe how a spraying machine works
- Choose and use the correct nozzles for any application
- Set and calibrate the machine for a given application
- Fill vehicle mounted spraying equipment safely
- Clean and decontaminate all the equipment safely
- Service the machine
- Operate a spraying machine safely and effectively.
- Basics of spray application
- The working principles of a hydraulic sprayer
- Preparation of machinery for work
- Calibration in practice
- Mixing and filling/essential PPE
- Field work
- Sprayer decontamination, disposal of washings and machine storage
You will need, to bring your PPE ,
A Calculator,Pen and you're lunch
Coveralls for use in Pesticides application should be at least a type 6 coverall ( lowered numbered suits offer higher protection, so a type 3 or 4 would also be applicable )
They must not be the unmarked nuisance type coverall, they do look very similar, but are not designed for pesticide use, and have none of the "type" numbers of protection.
A pair of unlined nitrile gloves, at least 300mm in length ,Wellington Boots & Faceshield,
The things you need to know:
Duration: 1 Day
Max no of learners: 6