Award to Climb Trees and Perform Aerial Rescues was cs38
Unit 308 Courses are delivered to give the candidate the knowledge & practical skill to achieve certificates of competence by assessment by bodies such as NPTC City & Guilds.
£645.00+ vat per person
The next logical unit is 309 use of Chainsaw free fall techniques
Awarded certificates of competence are widely recognised by both sector employers and the health & safety executive.
Training Courses designed for Tree Surgeons & Arborists, who carryout tree surgery & arboricultural works.
Tree surgery courses teach the candidates the skills on how to become a tree surgeon, starting course being how to climb a tree using a rope & harness & to perform aerial rescues and moves on to advanced chainsaw techniques to become and Arborist.
Designed to get the candidate off the ground and moving freely within the trees canopy safely,
This without stating the obvious this course does require a head for heights, along with a degree of upper body strength and flexibility.
By selecting preparing & inspection a range of suitable climbing equipment,ropes Harness, & skills to tie a series & varied range of climbing knots and their configuration along with guidance on legislation relevant to tree climbing operations on site.
Explaining how to inspect the tree, looking for hazard or safety considerations pre climb.
Basic climbing techniques.
Choice of safe anchor points within the trees canopy.
Moving around the trees canopy.
Limb and branchwalking.
Performing rescues of a casualty / climber from a tree who has become unable to decend to the ground.
The use of climbing spikes & strops.
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing.
- Identify personal protective equipment
- Inspect climbing harness and identify key features.
- Tie applicable tree climbing knots.
- Identify hazards and organise site accordingly .
- Choose appropriate anchor points.
- Employ techniques for safe, efficient ascent, manovering and descent.
- Understand the duties of a competent ground person.
- Carry out aerial rescue techniques.